Program Details Program Code:
School: Macmillian Institute of Applied Health Sciences
Credential:Ontario College Certificate
Location: College Campus/Online
OVERVEIW: Phlebotomy is a technological medical discipline which involves drawing blood from patients for blood analysis by using various techniques. Phlebotomists help doctors and nurses in patient care. Phlebotomist will be in demand for as long as there is blood to donate, diseases to fight and patients to treat, and in-fact there is a growing need for phlebotomists in Canada. This hands on workshop refreshes the phlebotomy practices to be followed.
NEXT COURSE START DATES:
|Start Date||End Date||Time||Day’s||Total Hrs.|
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Patient interaction and related legal, ethical and safety issues
- Patient identification and lab requisition form
- Venipuncture equipment and Vacuumized blood collection system
- Safety and Universal Precautions in handling the samples
- Administrative Steps of Phlebotomy
- Hands-on Practical training on blood and specimen collection
- Preparing blood collection site and proper managing of the collected samples.