Personal Support Worker Program: completed in 26 weeks.
6 Month Personal Support Worker Career Training Program
Does making a difference in somebody else’s life positively impact yours?
Personal Support Workers (PSW’s), sometimes called Home Health Aides or Care Aides, provide support to people who need ongoing care due to age, illness or injury.
If you’re a compassionate person who has the natural ability to give personal care and medical support to another, then becoming a Personal Support Worker (PSW) may be for right you.The Personal Support Worker provides the clinical skills, hands-on training and practical experience needed to fully prepare you for a successful healthcare career.
- Career Management
- Medical Emergencies – CPR/First Aid
- Individuality of the Person
- Assist with ambulating and mobilization of patients
- Role of a PSW & Interpersonal Skills
- Safety & Mobility
- Abuse•Household Management and Meal Preparation
- Optimal Support/Care Planning; Personal Hygiene
- Assisting the Family & Assisting with Medications
- Cognitive Impairment and Mental Health
- Assisting to Manage Ongoing Conditions
The Program combines instructor-led training with a clinical work placement designed to prepare you for a career in healthcare.