MacMillian Institute of Applied Health Sciences Food Handlers Certificate: is issued by Toronto Public Health recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other Health Units in Ontario. Successful individuals will receive a Food Handler Certificate that is valid for 5 years issued by the Medical Officer of Health of Toronto
Training: Food Handling/Safety certifications are necessary to work in many food and beverage related environments, This includes food and beverage servers, handling food preparation in an institutional setting, as well as large scale food manufacturing. Employers have a preference for candidates who can meet a high caliber of skills and standards for food safety and quality. Training employees keeps them well informed and gives your patrons the assurance they need. Choosing to run in house training gives you much more flexibility in the way the course is delivered, time, and comfort to the participants..
Please register online(click register below) or call 647 219 4887
Food Handler Certification
There are 2 ways to obtain your Food Handler Certification
1.Classroom Session (followed by an Exam) includes:
- Instructional time 5 hours followed by a one hour written exam (6hrs)
- Courses offered in the GTA area.
- Certified Experienced Instructors
- Proctored Exam
- Flexible Instruction Times
- Review questions with interaction with the participants
- Audio/Visual instructional media
- Individual classroom sessions can be arranged at your location with a minimum of 20 participants.
- 2.Exam Only ( Home Study)
- Exam manual can be purchased from the College to study at Home
- Exams written at the College supervised under a proctor.
- Food Handler Certification is:
- Quick and Easy
- Provincial Food Handler Certificate (upon passing)
- Certificates valid for 5 years.
- Practice questions and activities to help you pass.
- Certified instructors
- Ontario Approved. Valid Across the Province
- Contact us for group rates and time flexibility
- Registration: Photo ID is required at the time of registration and on the day of your exam.
- Language: Classroom is taught only in English,
- Upon request, the study guide and the exam is available in English, as well as a variety of other languages, Kindly specify your request at the time of registration.
- Results: Please note that exam results will be available 3-4 weeks after writing the exam.
- Pass Grade: is 70% . [35 correct answers out of 50 questions]
- On Passing: The students will be issued 1.Wallet Size: 2.8×11 Certificate. This will be mailed after 3-4 weeks.
- Refunds:There is no refund of the fees, however dates may be rescheduled and registration transferrable
- Special Needs: Kindly specify if any Special needs are required at the time of registration.
|Description||Fees (+ HST)|
|Food Handler Training Program and Exam (Classroom session)||$40.00|
|Food Handler Examination (Exam Only)||$40.00|
First retake of the Exam within a specified period is Free $00.00
Second retake $35.00
Food Handlers needing to renew their certification credential after 5 years. They must successfully complete a proctored “Re-certification Exam”. $35.00
Payment:Prepayment is required. Payment can be made using the following methods:
- Online by Visa, Master card or AMEX at the time of registration
- In person (at the address below) by Cash, Debit Card, Visa, Master card or AMEX