PROGRAM CODE: HELELCTCRD # 01
CREDENTIALS: Ontario College Certificate
PROGRAM TYPE: MICRO-CREDENTIAL PROGRAM
LOCATION: College Campus/Online
DURATION: 5 HRS
An ECG – Electrocardiography is used to measure the rate and regularity of heartbeats, as well as the size and position of the chambers, the presence of any damage to the heart, and the effects of drugs or devices used to regulate the heart, such as a pacemaker. This workshop is to understand the technical components of Electrocardiography, the roles and responsibilities of the technician and how it relates to patient care.
- Introduction to Electrocardiography.
- Anatomy and Physiology of Cardiovascular system.
- Understanding the role of the ECG Technician.
- ECG Equipment and supplies
- Patient preparation, related legal and ethical issues.
- Performing 12-lead ECG.
- Identification and measures to fix common artifacts.
- Mounting and Basic interpretation.
Degree or Diploma in a medical discipline OR a minimum of 1 year experience in a medical setting