Program Details Program Code:
School: Macmillian Institute of Applied Health Sciences
Credential:Ontario College Certificate
Location: College Campus/Online
This course validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security. With a CCENT – Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician, a network professional demonstrates the skills required for entry-level network support positions – the starting point for many successful careers in networking. The curriculum covers networking fundamentals, WAN technologies, basic security and wireless concepts, routing and switching fundamentals, and configuring simple networks. CCENT is the first step toward achieving CCNA, which covers medium-size enterprise branch networks with more complex connections.
Operation of IP Data Networks
- Recognize the purpose and functions of various network devices such as Routers, Switches, Bridges and Hubs.
- Select the components required to meet a given network specification.
- Identify common applications and their impact on the network
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP/IP models.
LAN Switching Technologies
- Determine the technology and media ac-cess control method for Ethernet networks
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Collision and Broadcast Domains
- Types of switching
IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6)
- Identify the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Identify the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme using VLSM and summarization to satisfy addressing requirements in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 such as dual stack
IP Routing Technologies
- Basic routing concepts.
- Router configuration and network connectivity.
- Configure and verify interVLAN routing (Router on a stick)
- Configure SVI interfaces
- Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router)
- Configure and verify ACLs in a network environment
- Identify the basic operation of NAT
- Configure and verify NAT for given net-work requirements
Network Device Security
- Configure and verify network device se-curity features
- Configure and verify Switch Port Security features
- Configure and verify ACLs to filter net-work traffic
- Troubleshoot and correct common prob-lems associated with IP addressing and host configurations.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve trunking prob-lems on Cisco switches