Bridged Personal Support Worker & Pathway to Practical Nursing is a two-additional semester program that prepares Personal Support Worker (PSW) graduates to enter into the Practical Nursing (PN) program.
Diploma Graduates from this program have to initially complete the Personal Support Worker Program, The two-semester Personal Support Worker (PSW) program teaches students the skills required to provide or assist with personal care for the elderly, the chronically ill and persons with disabilities, who may be living in the community, in long-term care facilities and in select ambulatory care settings.
The Bridged program provides the foundational knowledge of:
- health and wellness
- English language skills
- interprofessional relationships.Graduates find employment at locations such as:
- ambulatory care settings
- long-term care facilities
- residential and supportive housing
- community support agencies
- acute medical settings
- palliative care settings.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent**
- Grade 12 English (C or U)Admission Requirements Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic achievement, including the required courses, and any other selection criteria outlined.